1.2.14 Enable Field for RDMLX
Specify if this field is enabled for RDMLX so that extended field definition characteristics can be used. Refer to What Classifies a Field as RDMLX.)
This option is only available in an RDMLX Enabled Partition.
The default value for this option is controlled in the RDMLX Partition Settings.
Tips & Techniques
- Once enabled for RDMLX, you can change the field type to an RDMLX field type. Refer to Field Type Considerations for details about RDML and RDMLX fields.
- When you change the field option to RDMLX, the field definition must meet all RDMLX requirements before you can save it.
- All editing must be performed using Visual LANSA. You cannot edit RDMLX Fields from LANSA for i.
- RDMLX fields cannot be used by RDML Objects. Once it becomes an RDMLX field, a field cannot be used within any RDML File, RDML Function or RDML Component. This change may have major implications to your existing applications. (RDML Fields can be used by RDMLX objects.)
- If a field is changed so it is no longer enabled for RDMLX, then all RDMLX features must be removed before it can be saved.