1.7.5 The Extended HELP Facility
The "Extended HELP Facility" is of particular use if you are using the more technical facilities of LANSA.
It is invoked by pressing the HELP function key on any LANSA screen, then using the "Ex HELP" (extended help) function key from the resulting "Selected Subjects" display.
This will cause a display like the example below to be presented to you:
EXTENDHELP Online Guide - Extended HELP Facilities
Enter Search Choice(s) and press the Enter key.
Search the Data Dictionary
For fields and files containing : BILL OF LADING
Search the Online Guide Table of
Contents for Subjects containing : ABORT
Fnn=Exit Fnn=Cancel Fnn=Messages Fnn=Contents
Working from the Extended HELP Facilities screen you can:
- Cause a search of the data dictionary for fields and files to be performed.
- Cause a search of the Online Guide's Table of contents to be performed.
Note that the search ignores upper and lower case character differences.
In the screen example shown above, the user is requesting that the Data Dictionary be searched for occurrences of different strings that involve a "BILL OF LADING" number and that the Online Guide Table of Contents be searched for the strings "ABORT" and "SUBSTRING".
You can also:
- Exit from the Online HELP facility and return to what you were doing before you pressed the HELP key by pressing the "Exit" function key.
- Cancel the Extended HELP facility and return to what you were doing before you invoked the extended help facility by pressing the "Cancel" function key.
- Request that the entire Online Guide Table of Contents be displayed by pressing the "Contents" function key.