2.18.3 Select the Multilingual Variable(s) Required
When you elect to review or change a multilingual variable, a screen panel is presented that requests that you choose the multilingual variable(s) to be worked with.
If you have been working with multilingual variables previously then the name at the top of the display will be pre-filled with the name of the last multilingual variable you worked with.
DEMDICMENU Field Control Menu
Enter full or partial name of multilingual text variables to be worked
with or leave blank to select from all variables . . . *MTXTDEMCAL
Sel Variable Name Left Aligned Value in Current Language
_ *MTXTDEMCALEN05801 MONDAY
_ *MTXTDEMCALEN06001 TUESDAY
_ *MTXTDEMCALEN06201 WEDNESDAY
_ *MTXTDEMCALEN06401 THURSDAY
_ *MTXTDEMCALEN06601 FRIDAY
_ *MTXTDEMCALEN06801 SATURDAY
_ *MTXTDEMCALEN07001 SUNDAY
Fnn=Help Fnn=Exit Fnn=Cancel Fnn=Messages
Using this display you can nominate the multilingual variables(s) required in 3 different ways:
- In full. Enter the full name of the multilingual variable required. If the multilingual variable is found then it will be immediately displayed in detail.
- Partially. Enter as much as desired of the partial name of the multilingual variable. A search is made for all multilingual variables which generically match the name specified and the resulting list is displayed for subsequent selection.
- Leave blank. In this case a list of all multilingual variables is displayed from which those required can be selected.
After one or more multilingual variables have been selected, a detailed display will be presented for each one.
The layout and content of this detailed display is identical to that already described in the section "Creating a new multilingual variable".
Using this detailed display you can:
- Review the detailed definition of the multilingual variable.
- Change the definition of the multilingual variable. Use the CHANGE function key to make the screen input capable. Make the desired changes and press Enter. Validation rules applicable are as for the "Creating a new multilingual variable" section.
- Delete the definition of the multilingual variable. Use the DELETE function key. Enter YES into the confirm delete prompt and press Enter.