3.13.2 Display All Existing Rules and Triggers
A screen similar to this example will be displayed for each of the fields chosen from the preceding display. It shows all rules and triggers that currently exist for the chosen field.
Remember that this work is being performed at the FILE level. Thus these conditions apply when working with the rules and triggers:
- All existing FILE and DICTIONARY level rules and triggers for the field will be displayed.
- Any existing FILE level rules and triggers can be reviewed, changed or deleted.
- New FILE level rules and triggers can be added.
- Any existing DICTIONARY level rules and triggers can be reviewed. However they cannot be modified or deleted. To modify dictionary level rules and triggers it is necessary to work from the FIELD DEFINITION MENU which is described in Fields Rules/Triggers.
DC@P700101 Select Rule / Trigger
File : XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (XXXX)
Field : XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (XXXX)
Sel Seq Description Type Source A/C/D
**** DICTIONARY RULES ****
_ 10 Check not blank. LIST OF VALUES DATA DICTIONARY Y Y Y
_ 20 Check valid number range RANGE OF VALUES DATA DICTIONARY Y Y Y
*** DICTIONARY TRIGGERS ***
_ 10 Print field value TRIGGER DATA DICTIONARY
Fnn=Help Fnn=Exit Fnn=Add/Create Fnn=Cancel Fnn=Messages
Note: File name is only displayed when working at file level.
Working from the Select Rule / Trigger screen you can:
- Add a new rule or trigger by using the Add/Create function key. The resulting display is described in the next section.
- Select an existing rule or trigger for review by entering any non-blank character beside the desired item in the column labeled "Sel". On the subsequent displays the rule or trigger can be reviewed in full, changed or deleted.
The method by which existing rules and triggers can be reviewed, changed or deleted, is described in detail for Fields. While the Field description applies to dictionary level rules and triggers, the displays used and input requirements are absolutely identical for File level rules and triggers.