4.15.28 Action Wn (Move Window to n)
Action Wn is used in the report design facility only.
When action Wn is used the following steps occur:
- The current report image "window" is moved so that column "n" of the report image is displayed as the left most column in the "window".
- A message is displayed on line 24 indicating what columns of the report image are now being viewed.
Some points about "windowing" are as follows:
- The "window" over the report image is required because very often report image dimensions exceed the dimensions of a workstation screen in both width and length.
- The workstation screen is considered to be a "window" through which the full report image can be viewed. Since the report image is larger than the workstation "window" it is necessary to move the "window" around to view various parts of the report image.
- Wn is the action used to move the workstation window to a specific column ("n") in the report image.
- If no value for "n" is specified (i.e. action W is entered) a default value of 1 is assumed.
- Where the "n" value specified (or defaulted) would cause a display beyond the width of the report image, the last column of the report image will be displayed as the last column in the new window.