4.15.30 Action Run (Roll Image up n Lines)
Action RUn is used in the report design facility only.
When action RUn is used the following steps occur:
- The current report image is "rolled upwards" by "n" lines within the current workstation window.
- A message is displayed on line 24 indicating what lines of the report image are now being viewed.
Some points about "windowing" are as follows:
- The "window" over the report image is required because very often report image dimensions exceed the dimensions of a workstation screen in both width and length.
- The workstation screen is considered to be a "window" through which the full report image can be viewed. Since the report image is larger than the workstation "window" it is necessary to move the "window" around to view various parts of the report image.
- RUn is the action used to move the report image upwards by "n" lines within the current window.
- If no value for "n" is specified (i.e. action RU is entered) a default value of (workstation length - 2) is used. This default value causes the lowermost line in the current window to become the uppermost line in the new window.
- Where the "n" value specified (or defaulted) would cause a movement beyond the length of the report image, the last line of the report image will be displayed as the last line in the new window.