8.1.1 Maintain the PC Definition File
To be able to run Visual LANSA, it first has to be configured on the IBM i so that communication can be established between the PC and the LANSA system on the IBM i.
To maintain PC definitions on the IBM i, enter the command
The Work with PC Definitions screen is displayed:
DC@P642101 Work with PC Definitions
Type options, Press Enter.
2=Change 3=Copy 4=Delete 5=Display 17=Last Action Details
Opt PC Name Description
__ JOHNSPC PC definition for John
__ FREDSPC PC definition for Fred
__ JACKSPC PC for JACK
F1=Exit F3=Exit F6=Add/Create F8=Export Def F10=PC Users
F12=Cancel F14=Messages F16=Repo Grps F18=Work Grps
Working from the Work with PC Definitions screen it is possible to:
- Export System Definitions. To do this, use the Export Def function key to get to the request screen for exporting definitions to PC.
- Work with PC Users. To do this, use the PC Users function key to get to the Work with PC Users screen.
- Work with Repository Groups. To do this, use the Repo Grps function key to get to the Work with Repository Groups screen.
- Work with Work Groups. To do this, use the Work Grps function key to get to the Work with Work Groups screen.
- Add new PC Definitions. Use the Add/Create function key to get to the entry screen for new PC definitions.
- 2=Change: Allows changes to be made to an existing PC definition. If this option is entered against any of the PC Definitions shown on the screen, the Change PC Definitions screen is displayed next.
- 3=Copy: This option can be used only in conjunction with the create option. To create a new PC Definition by copying an existing PC definition, specify option 3 (to copy) beside the existing list, and press the Add function key.
- 4=Delete: Deletes an existing PC definition. A confirmation screen for the delete request is displayed. Enter 'YES' on this screen to confirm the delete request. After pressing Enter, the PC definition will be deleted immediately. Note that no security exists over PC definitions. Any user authorized to use this facility can delete any PC definition.
- 5=Display: Allows the display of a PC definition. If this option is entered against any of the PC definitions shown on the screen, the Display PC Definition screen is displayed.
- 17=Last Action Details: indicates that you wish to review the last action details recorded for the PC definition.
Enter this option against any existing PC definition shown on the display. An additional screen will appear showing the last action details. Refer to Last Action Details in the LANSA Overview for information about the details displayed.