6.2.4 What Happens When Task Tracking Is Active?
When task tracking has been activated for a partition, all development work within LANSA will be monitored. When an object is selected (to create, compile, change, delete or review), task tracking will execute the following procedures every time:
1. After the user has selected an object to work with and the normal LANSA object security checks have allowed work to commence, task tracking makes sure that:
- A valid task identifier has been specified if the user requires a task identifier to work in LANSA. A valid Task identifier must have a status of either "OPN" or "WRK" and must include the user in the list of authorized users/groups for the Task Identifier, or the User Identifier must be the LANSA partition security officer user/group profile or QSECOFR user/group profile.
- The user is allowed to change Task Identifiers and is authorized to work with the task that is allocated to the object if the object that has been selected to work with is allocated to another task identifier.
- The object is either not already locked to a task or is already locked to the user's task. If the object is already locked to the user's task that it is either not locked to any PCs or is already locked to the user's PC.
2. After the user has completed work on the selected object, task tracking does the following:
- A task identifier has been allocated to the selected object.
- If any of the checks performed in Step 1 have been found to be false, a message will be issued stating that "Work has not been committed" and LANSA database changes will not be performed.
3. If work has completed successfully for the object, LANSA internal database files are updated with the object changes and the Task Tracking database files are updated with the details of the events that have taken place.
Note: The current user Task ID is shown in the Visual LANSA status bar. The Task ID locked to an object can be displayed in the repository.
Task Tracking and Repository Synchronization
6.2.6 Task Tracking and Import/Export