1.4.8 RDML Benefits
LANSA's RDML provides the following benefits:
- RDML provides powerful language constructs which dramatically increase productivity and reduce application maintenance.
- LANSA's application templates provide high productivity as they generate standard blocks of error free code which can be customized to meet your site standards.
- RDML requires fewer lines of source code for easier application maintenance. One line of RDML can be equivalent to over 100 lines of 3GL code.
- With RDML, one application definition can support multiple platforms as RDML can generate multiple languages. RDML makes applications portable and durable.
- LANSA's Built-In Functions provide a simple interface with external programs.
- The same RDML language can be used on client and server (and for client/server). This provides greater flexibility for your application deployment and execution.
- One language means one set of skills. You can develop for multiple platforms without having to learn multiple tools.
- RDML protects your information technology investment! RDML provides a high level application definition for your business application. You can focus on the business logic and not the programming language. As programming languages evolve, RDML will evolve to keep your technology current.
LANSA's RDML is a key part of the LANSA architecture and technology solution.