2.6 Create Applications Using Templates
The preceding steps described the manual creation of an application. Note that a quicker and easier way of creating a Visual LANSA application is to use a template wizard. There are templates for:
- Maintaining a database file (VL_BASEMNT). This template creates a simple form which can be used to insert, update, fetch and delete field information. Optionally it creates a tabbed folder.
- Working with a component (VL_BASEWRK). This template has the same functionality as VL_BASEMNT plus a tree view for navigating data and a status bar. This template is fairly complex.
- Creating a tabbed folder with four sheets (VL_BASETAB).
- Creating a tree view and a menu (VL_BASETRE).
- Creating a standard menu (VL_BBMNUBR). You can of course modify the menu options after the menu has been created.
- Creating a status bar and two subroutines for displaying status and information messages (VL_BBSTSBR).
To run a template, use the Templates command in the Design tab of the ribbon.