1.2.20 Alias Name
Specify the alternate unique name for the field being defined or changed.
- Must not be the same as any other field's name (including the field that is being created or amended) in the Repository.
- Must not be the same as any other field's alias name in the Repository.
- Maximum of 30 characters.
Tips & Techniques
- COBOL or PL/1 language naming conventions are NOT checked.
- IBM i: The alias name facility is provided primarily for installations that use the COBOL or PL/1 programming languages. Refer to the specific IBM supplied program reference manuals for the use of the ALIAS keyword. Name must conform to field naming conventions like the field identifier.
1.2.2 Field Identifier
1.2.1 Field Name