2.4.1 Range: From value / To value
Specify a "from" and "to" value for each range that the column will be checked against.
At least one range is required and up to a maximum of 20 ranges can be specified. The range values are checked for type and length compatibility.
Allowable values are:
- An alphanumeric literal (in quotes) such as 'NSW', 'BALMAIN'.
- A numeric literal such as 1, 14.23, -1.141217.
- Another column name such as CUSTNO, INVNUM, etc. Notice that a column name is not entered as #CUSTNO.
- A system variable name such as *BLANKS, *ZERO, *DATE or any other system variable defined at your installation.
- A process parameter such as *UP01, *UP02, etc.
- System does NOT check that the "from" value is less than "to" value.
Tips & Techniques
2.4.2 Range of Values Examples