2.6.2 Key Column or Literal
Specify the key that is to be compared with the keyed index of the table looking for a "match" (i.e.: a record with an identical key in the table).
At least 1 key column is required. The entire key list supplied is checked for compatibility with the actual key(s) of the table. The key list specified can be a full or partial key to the table. A warning is issued if a partial key list is specified.
Allowable values are:
- For field level validations, the name of the current field.
- For table level validations, a column from the current table.
- An alphanumeric literal (in quotes) such as 'NSW', 'BALMAIN'
- A numeric literal such as 1, 14.23, -1.141217.
- A system variable name such as *BLANKS, *ZERO, *DATE or any other system variable defined at your installation.
- A process parameter such as *UP01, *UP02, etc.
Tips & Techniques
- A code table lookup is typically defined for table level validation checks only.