3.6.5 Alternate Collating Table (ALTSEQ)
The name of an Alternate Collating Table to be used when sequencing the records for retrieval on a Keyed table.
Default = blank (none).
- Table name must conform to object naming standards for the operating system.
- At Table Creation time, you must have operational rights to the Alternate Collating Table. Alternate Collating sequences are not valid for key columns with a data type of decimal. Causes zoned key columns to default to unsigned sequence.
Tips & Techniques
- The Alternate Collating Table name if specified is not validated that it actually exists.
- IBM i: This table attribute applies to IBM i databases only.
- IBM i: When attempting to use any table that has been created with an Alternate Collating Table, the library list is used to locate the Table.