3.6.13 Create Batch Control
Specify whether or not other database tables that perform batch control totaling against this table should be allowed to automatically create missing "batch" records in this table.
NO, indicates that when a batch control record cannot be found in this table, the other table operation should fail with error message IOM0032.
YES, indicates that when a batch control record cannot be found in this table, the other table's I/O operation is allowed to automatically create one. The other table's I/O operation is modified to create the missing batch control record in this table like this:
- All columns in this table's record format are set to blanks (alphanumeric columns) or zero (numeric columns).
- The column(s) or value(s) from the other table that were used as key(s) to access the batch control record in this table are mapped into their corresponding column(s) in this table. This mapping is by key matching, not by name.
- The new record thus assembled is inserted into this table.
Default = NO (unchecked/not selected).
- Before attempting to use this option ensure that you understand the ramifications of using it and then thoroughly test all resulting applications.
- When changing this option, it is necessary to make the amendment to this table operational. Additionally, all OAMs for other tables that perform batch control totaling against this table must also be (re)compiled.