4.3 Component Types
Following are some of the Visual LANSA user definable components:
- 4.3.1 Form: A form corresponds to a window of an application.
- 4.3.2 Reusable Part: These parts contain controls and code which can be reused in forms (or other reusable parts).
- 4.3.4 Visual Style: This is a special kind of component which controls the appearance of individual fields, forms and controls or entire applications.
- 4.3.3 WAM: Web Application Modules are component-based web technology used for building LANSA applications for the Internet
- 4.3.5 Icon: These are images which are shared by many applications.
- 4.3.6 Bitmap: These are images which are shared by many applications.
- 4.3.7 Cursor: These are images which are shared by many applications.
- 4.3.9 .NET Components: Third-party reusable components that have been created using the Microsoft .NET Framework.
You will see a full list of components on Visual LANSA's File > New menu.
- General: Restrictions may apply to the execution of some component types on specific platforms. For example, IBM i platform does not support the execution of Forms with a visual interface; however, server-side components are supported.
- Windows: All component types are supported on Windows.
4.1 Component Concepts
4.2 Component Definition