6.4.1 Process Name
Specify the name of the processes to be attached.
- The name of the process to be attached must be nominated when attaching a process or when directly attaching a single function.
- Note that the process nominated does not have to exist. If it does not currently exist a warning message will be issued.
Tips & Techniques
- Multiple processes may be attached to a single process.
- Multiple functions (from other processes) may be directly attached to a process.
- A process (or any of its associated functions) may be attached to itself.
- If a process B is attached to process A, then it is possible to attach process A to process B.
- Processes can be built into a "hierarchy" by using this facility. There is no limit to the "depth" of the hierarchy that can be defined, but when actually using a process the "depth" being used must not exceed 9 processes. If it does an error message will be issued indicating that it is not possible to go any deeper in the process "hierarchy" and that the required process should be accessed via a different route.
Attached Processes/Functions Concepts in the Developer's Guide.