4. Designing your Web Application
Before you Start
The most important things before you start developing is to have a clear understanding of what you need to deliver. To do this you should be able to answer the following questions:
- What does the site need to communicate and do?
- Who are the target audience?
- Am I designing for phone, tablet and/or desktop?
- Do I need to be able to run offline?
- Do I need a login for secure access to the website?
- Does the web application need to interface with any other applications?
- Do I need to access and/or maintain a database?
- What volume of data do I need to process?
- Are there logos and corporate color schemes I should use?
- Also think about web applications you have loved using and those you have hated. What makes them good or bad respectively?
Now take a look at:
4.1 General Design Guidelines
4.2 Using a Web Page Template
4.3 Responsive Design