4.1 General Design Guidelines
There is a plethora of information on the web about how to design web applications but just to get started here are a few points to help you on the way to designing a great user experience.
- Plan before developing. Start with the user flow and understand how the application should fit together and interact.
- Focus on what you want the user to be able to do.
- Ensure buttons and menus are easy to find and use.
- Design for repeat use. A web site may be visited once or twice but a web application could be used continually throughout the day.
- Provide Feedback. Let users know when their request is being processed or has finished processing.
- Use transition to lead users into a different interface.
- Keep a consistent interface throughout the entire application.