16.4.9 XSRVOTH - Set up an "Other" data server
The simplest way to set up a non-IBM i Data Server is to install Visual LANSA.
This template has the basic settings that are required to create a Version for an Application that will be used to set up a Non-IBM i data server. This type of server would have SuperServer clients.
The Package settings include:
- Deploy LANSA Execution Environment
- Deploy Partition definitions
- Deploy Execution Database support
- Deploy LANSA Communications
- Install Listener is set as YES
- Display DBMS Dialog is set as YES to allow set up of database
- DBMS Type (DBUT =) is set as MSSQLS. Modify this setting as required.
- Review other database settings which may be required.
This template replaces XSSVSRV.