11.1 Client/Server Deployment Considerations
- If the Client / Server application includes the package settings Deploy system definition or Deploy partition definition, ensure the Visual LANSA system where you are creating the application has the appropriate system and partition settings as required in the runtime environment.
- If your application uses SuperServer to connect to a remote system it is recommended to embed the SuperServer Built-In Functions in the application logic rather than using the SuperServer options supplied with the Deployment Tool. This provides a consistent interface which is encapsulated and controlled within the application code.
- Ensure Communication Administration file (lroute.dat) and listener (listen.dat) are updated with correct information to connect to server
- Ensure the option to Install Listener is selected when listener is required
- When installing the server side of an application the setting Database Setup (SUDB) should be set to ensure the database is modified. Conversely when installing the client, the setting Database Setup (SUDB) should NOT be set. Only runtime objects should be installed.
- Web Applications are NOT Client / Server deployments.