14.1 Major Features of JIT Upgrade
- It's just the one file to deploy, not a set of directories and files.
- LANSA produces MSI and MSP files they can be deployed using Microsoft SCCM – System Centre Configuration Manager. LANSA JIT Upgrade is not required.
- SCCM is a far more capable deployment engine than LANSA JIT Upgrade, though SCCM can be more complex to set up in the first place. Thus LANSA JIT Upgrade will be kept as simple as possible leaving the SCCM functionality for more complex deployment scenarios.
- The MSI delivered is the latest one in the x_apps folder.
- The MSP delivered is the next one that has not been installed and matches the language of the installed MSI.
- LANSA EPCs must be delivered as an MSI.
- The install may be customized by adding an optional SETUP.TXT file with parameters to add to the msiexec command line. That is, any of the properties that the MSI and/or Windows Installer exposes.
- Multiple languages are supported for each install.