16.4.13 XVLWAPP – VL Web Application
This template is designed to assist when deploying a web application developed using Visual LANSA.
Additional LANSA Features are selected for inclusion and are required when installing a Visual LANSA web application:
Install Web Administrator
Install Web Server Extension
Install Web Runtime
Install Web Images
The Package settings include:
- Deploy LANSA Execution Environment
- Deploy Partition definitions
- Deploy Execution Database Support
- Deploy with Web Environment Support
- Deploy LANSA Communications
- Requires Elevation set as Yes
- Process to Execute (PROC) set as *LICENSES to launch the Server Licenses interface.
- X_RUN Argument RNDR=X to ensure Server Licenses interface is executed as DirectX application.
- Server Name is set as LANSA to correspond with the Communicate files (lroute.dat and listen.dat) automatically generated when the Application is created.
- Setup Database (SUDB) set as Yes.
- DBMS Type (DBUT ) is set as MS SQL Server, and most of the database settings are set to default.
To use this template, add the following application objects using the Object Selector:
- Web Pages used in your application
- Reusable Parts used in your application
- Files used in your application with appropriate data processing options
When you create the application default Communication files (lroute.dat and listen.dat) are generated. To review or modify the Communication files select the application in the Deployment Tool application tree, and clicking the Communications Administrator icon in the toolbar. The default settings use a Host Route with the System name LANSA (the same value applied by the template to the PSLU setting), Target LANSA and TCP Port as blank (default 4545).
- Any additional objects (under Non-LANSA Objects).
After closing the Communications Administrator you will be prompted to rebuild any applications in the Application.