16.4.14 XWAMAPP – WAM Application
Use this template to deploy a WAM-based application, including deployment to Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud server. This can be used to deploy your own application in the Cloud Tutorials.
Additional LANSA Features are selected for inclusion and are required when installing a WAM application:
- Install Web Administrator
- Install Web Server Extension
The Package settings include:
- Deploy LANSA Execution Environment
- Deploy Partition definitions
- Deploy Execution Database Support
- Deploy with Web Environment Support
- Deploy LANSA Communications
- Process to Execute (PROC) is set as *LICENSES to launch the Server Licenses interface (licenses are applied as part of the stack creation template).
- X_RUN Argument RNDR=X to ensure Server Licenses interface is executed as DirectX application.
- Setup Database (SUDB) is Yes.
- DBMS Type (DBUT ) is set as MS SQL Server, and most of the database settings are set to default. The stack creation template will set these for you.
To use this template, add the following application objects using the Object Selector:
- The Server Type (DBID) is set to Non-IBM i, and Server name (PSLU) is set to LANSA. This is required, even though WAM applications do not use SuperServer functionality.
- WAMs used in your application
- Files used in your application with appropriate data processing options
- Reusable parts used in your application
- Any custom layout weblets or modified shipped weblets. WAM layout weblets will be added automatically when you add the WAM.
When you create the application default Communication files (lroute.dat and listen.dat) are generated. To review or modify the Communication files select the application in the Deployment Tool application tree, and clicking the Communications Administrator icon in the toolbar. The default settings use a Host Route with the System name LANSA (the same value applied by the template to the PSLU setting), Target LANSA and TCP Port as blank (default 4545).
- Any additional objects (under Non-LANSA Objects)
After closing the Communications Administrator you will be prompted to rebuild any applications in the Application.