This step is required until the Deployment Automation option is included in the Visual LANSA install. SSH security will still need to be manually set up.
1. Set up GitHub SSH security, if not already done. Especially check if you already have an SSH key on your machine, and use that in GitHub settings as described here in this URL. These instructions show you how to check for existing keys too.
See this link for detailed instructions:
Generating a new SSH key and adding it to the ssh-agent.
N.B. An SSH key with a passphrase is not supported. When prompted to enter a passphrase during the SSH key creation, just press Enter.
2. If you are deploying a Partition that's different to DEM, configure the Partition in .\AutoDeploy\OverridePackageInstallParameters.txt. Refer to Custom Configuration for more details.
3. Initialize the new repository using these steps at an administrative command prompt. For example, if you have Visual LANSA installed into c:\program files(x86)\lansa and the address of the remote git repo is [email protected]:lansa/syd-lansa5-dem.git
$ cd c:\program files(x86)\lansa
$ dir .gitignore
$ git init
$ git remote add origin [email protected]:lansa/syd-lansa5-dem.git
$ git add -A
$ git commit -m "Setup initial environment"
$ git push --force --set-upstream origin master
The bold text dir .gitignore must show that the file exists. If it says "File Not Found", do not continue. It is vital that you use the .gitignore file that LANSA ships otherwise the deployment will not work correctly.
If the push fails with "ERROR: Repository not found" then you need to add your SSH key to GitHub as a Collaborator (if you are not the owner of the GitHub account). See Settings\Collaborators in GitHub
Or, you have used the incorrect github repository address. Type git remote -vv and check that the entire URL matches the repository, including the github user name (which is 'lansa' in this example)
4. Run Git Extensions to check that the git repository has the approximately correct structure. View the latest commit and click on the File Tree tab. Only the files and directories listed in the following graphic should be present. If not, contact LANSA support:
5. Check that the GitHub repo also has the same structure:
6. Configure the IDE so that it knows how to test if your application has been deployed to the Target system and how to execute your application on the Target system.
Run regedit.exe. In this key - HKLM\Software\LANSA\<encoded path>\LANSAPC create this string value: LX_TargetApplicationUrl and set it to the url of your target system. Something like http://184.108.40.206/app1. It is just the ip address or DNS name that will change for your Target system.