The target system is created as part of launching a LANSA Application Stack. It installs everything you need for it to be a target of a GitHub webhook.
The LANSA Application Stack CloudFormation template url is:
This template creates a stack to support a user-specified number of applications. Each Application requires a dedicated Build system to deploy from. It currently supports up to 10 Applications. The stack seeds the App Server instances with pre-built LANSA applications which are used to configure the Application to run LANSA Web Pages. As you can add more Applications later it is suggested that you install just one application to start with. Your stack will also launch quicker when there are fewer applications to install.
CTE040 requires a template to use. Instead of the one in the instructions use the one listed above. There are also some extra essential parameters in this template which must be changed:
1. Secure S3 Bucket - value obtained in step 11.7.7 Create a secure S3 Bucket.
2. SSH key url - value obtained in step 11.7.8 Choose the SSH Key for private repositories.
3. Domain Name - value obtained in step 11.7.2 Set up Subdomain for AWS Stacks.
4. Domain Prefix - an appropriate prefix for your web site. Later steps presume you call it "mysite".
5. Wait for the stack to deploy. This usually takes at least 40 minutes. Once the load balancer lists the DB Web Server Instance as InService you may proceed to the next step.
6. Test that the GitDeployHub is running.
For example http://mysite.paas.customer.com:8101
This should list all the applications you have installed.
7. Test that the example web site runs:
Construct the url from the web site address, the application number and 'dem/a01main.html'.
For example http://mysite.paas.customer.com/app1/dem/a01main.html
This page, or a similar page, will be displayed. Note that clicking Sign In will not work as tables have been removed from the deployment so that there are no conflicts with tables that your application deploys.
8. If the two urls work then you may proceed to the next step.