Deployment Tool Tutorials
These exercises assume that you are an experienced Visual LANSA developer.
The exercises are designed to simplify deployment for training purposes and to minimize the setup involved.
The Windows application exercises are divided into five groups:
- Deploy Client Server Applications is a group of exercises which demonstrate how to install a client application which will connect to an IBM i server. Exercises to install Version 1, Patch 1 and Version 2 are included.
- Deploy a Stand Alone Application is a group of exercise demonstrating how to install a local Windows application to the desktop. Exercises cover creating and installing Version 1, followed by a minor application change and then creating and installing Version 2.
- Deploy Applications using JIT has exercises which show how to define and install a Just in Time Server, create and install a client application with JIT Update, and finally make an application change followed by creating and installing Patch 1 via the Just in Time Server.
- Deploy to a Windows Server demonstrates how to create and install a Windows Data/Application Server system and then execute a client application which connects to the Windows Server application.
Except for the first exercise (DTE010 – Set Up the Deployment Tool), each group of exercises is standalone and can be completed separately.
- Deploy a Web Application is a set of exercises which deploys a web application to your PC. For this one, start with the first exercise - Create a Web a Page Application (DTE120).
Extra files you will need for the Deployment Tool Tutorials