In this step, you will define the execution parameters which determine the form, partition, language and user, which will be used to start the application for the end user. These are parameters for the X_RUN program which loads the applications DLLs.
1. In the Package Maintenance dialog, define each parameter by double clicking on the parameter in the Required Execution group.
Note. These parameters may be prompted at run time if required.
2. Double click on Form to Execute (FORM):
a. Enter your form name.
b. Close the Form to Execute dialog.
3. Follow the same procedure, to define the following parameters, making any changes required for your system and national language:
LANSA User: = <user id>
where <user id> is your Visual LANSA User Id.
Leave all other parameters with their default settings. Note the partition and language will be values for the partition where you are building the deployment package.
4. The application must be executed as a DirectX application. This requires a change to the default Render Type X_RUN parameter. The X_Run Arguments toolbar button opens a dialog which enables these to be defined.
5. Open the X_Run Arguments dialog and add an entry RNDR=X.
This will ensure the application is executed using DirectX.
6. Click OK to save the changes.