This step will execute the deployed web application. To do this, you need to be aware of settings which the deployment has established:
1. The URL to execute your web page has the following syntax:
http://localhost:<port number>/<server name>/<partition>/<Identifier.html>
Your URL should look something like this:
2. Enter this URL in your browser. There will be delay the first time, while LANSA Web jobs are started.
3. Test your web application. Click on a Contact to open its Details dialog, allowing change or delete:
Or use the Add button from the Contacts view to open the Add contact dialog:
4. When you have tested your deployed web application, set Version 1 package status to Distributed. That is:
a. Select 1.0.0 Version 1 for your WEBAPP - Employee Web Application.
b. Use the context menu or toolbar button to set the Status to Distributed:
Setting the package to Distributed, means it can't be amended. That is, it can no longer be opened in Package Maintenance.
5. To review the contents of a distributed package, select 1.0.0 Version 1 package and use the context menu or toolbar button to Review Objects.