In this step, you will follow essentially the same steps as when you installed Version 1 of the Employee Web Application.
1. Open as Command Prompt using Run as Administrator. Navigate to the package folder, for example:
C:\\Program Files (x86)\LANSA\x_win95\x_lansa\X_apps\WEBAPP
2. Enter the following command and press the Tab key, which will complete the MSP file name:
Msiexec /update WEB
The full command is:
Msiexec /update WEBAPP_v184.108.40.206_en-us.msp
3. Press Enter to begin the update.
4. There are fewer dialogs displayed during an update, compared with an install (Version 1 in this case).
5. Click Next to start the update.
6. There are no database changes in Patch 1, but the package settings display this dialog.
Note: Database changes should always be handled by creating a new version of the application. A Patch should not include database changes.
7. Click Next to continue.
The Ready to Update dialog will be shown:
8. Click Update to begin the update.
Note: The update will stop the LANSA Listener, but this will delay the update. Stop the Listener using Windows Administrative Tools / Services. Stop web jobs using Task Manager. On the Details tab look for jobs named w3…..
9. The application update will be processed, displaying a progress bar:
10. When complete this panel is displayed:
11. Click Finish and the licensing process will be displayed.
12. Close the Server Licenses dialog.