Delivery of your application can be based on how LANSA is delivered or you can develop your own delivery mechanism.
Currently, to install LANSA on an IBM i, you must load the LANSA installation media into the target IBM i and initiate the installation using the LODRUN command.
The LODRUN command runs the QINSTAPP program supplied by LANSA. You are presented with screens to enter the appropriate install settings. These settings are written to various data areas. When the batch install is submitted, it queries these data areas to perform the appropriate install activities.
If you are following the LANSA approach to delivering your application, the procedure for creating your own installation DVD includes:
1. Write your installation program (Refer to Create an Application Install Program).
2. Create a master DVD and include LANSA product information, your application and the installation program (Refer to Create an Application Install Program).
By using the Install/upgrade commands, a program can be developed along these lines:
1. Install LANSA for i.
2. Install any other LANSA Products required.
3. Install any LANSA EPCs required.
4. Create a partition in your new LANSA installation.
5. Install your application in the new partition.
Similarly, if you just need to update one or more LANSA installations it may be useful to "wrap" the required steps so you can perform all the necessary updates with minimal user intervention. For example:
1. Upgrade LANSA for i.
2. Upgrade any other LANSA Products required.
3. Install LANSA EPCs required.