You will perform these steps if the LANSA Client tutorials are to be used in a multilingual environment.
Note: If you are not using the multilingual features of LANSA Client, then you do not have to add any other languages.
Before you import you must define languages by performing these steps.
1. From the new partition details, select the Language Settings tab, then click the icon to add a new language
if you later wish to review/amend a language listed, select the language and double click.
If adding a new language, enter a three or four character identifier representing the new language as well as a description.
2. Amend the text on the Details panel, as required.
3. Close the Details panel when completed.
4. To add another new language, select the Add icon and repeat these steps, otherwise close the Partition details. Make sure to save the Partition changes when prompted.
5. Close Visual LANSA.
6. Start Visual LANSA again. Your new LCX partition will be displayed in the list of Partitions on the Visual LANSA logon dialog box.
2. When you have entered the user ID and password, before you press OK, select the new partition, in this example LCX, and press the Partition Init... button to open the Partition Initialization dialog box.
3. Select the LANSA Client field and file definitions option. Press OK to load the Tutorial files into your new partition. There will be a short delay while the partition definitions are loaded.
Note: If you don't create a new partition, be sure that the LANSA Client field and file definitions option has been selected in the partition in which you will be using for the LANSA Client Tutorials.
Once these steps have been completed, your tutorial files will be ready to use.