2.2.2 Visual LANSA Client Only - Network and Local Checklist
The items on this check list are in addition to those listed in the 2.2 Visual LANSA General Checklist
For Network Clients
- Do you know if you are performing a Local Client or a Network Client Install?
- Is LANSA installed on the server?
- Make sure the database is accessible from other machines and the User Id has access to the database.
- If you are performing a Network Install, on the Client PC, map to the drive on the server where Visual LANSA is installed. Also check that you have write access rights to the mapped drive.
- Do you have more than one LANSA System on the server you will be connecting to?
If yes, then you should note the lroute.dat Requirements.
- Do you have read permission to the server's registry?
- Do you have Windows administrator rights on the client machine?
- Do you wish to have the C/C++ compiler installed locally? Optional.
Local Clients Only
- Is Visual LANSA installed on the server?
- Make sure the database is accessible from other machines and the User ID has access to the database.