4.1 BEFORE you Upgrade LANSA
The following tips will assist you in upgrading LANSA on Windows:
- Check that you have Windows administrator rights to avoid security problems during the upgrade.
- Turn off your anti-virus software while running the install/upgrade because it can interfere with the installation programs.
- Stop all LANSA applications before commencing the upgrade. This includes Visual LANSA, Web Server, LANSA SuperServer and LANSA Open jobs. The upgrade can fail due to object locks from executing applications.
- Check if there are any user objects that have been manually put into LANSA directories (such as system execute, partition execute) as they may be deleted or overwritten. It is your responsibility to ensure they are backed up and restored after an upgrade.
- If this is a Visual LANSA Slave System install connecting to an IBM i:
- You will require a connection to the IBM i for the initialization phase of the install process.
Please ensure the IBM i LANSA System is upgraded prior to upgrading the Visual LANSA system. If the IBM i LANSA System is not already at the same level, a version error will be generated during the initialization phase of the Visual LANSA install process.
- Your IBM i master system must be fully operational, with the appropriate listener jobs started.
- If a database log on or communications link fails during a Visual LANSA upgrade, you may not have completed the system initialization. In this case, simply log on to Visual LANSA to complete the initialization.
- If upgrading the LANSA Web Server Extension (as part of the Web Server install), check that the IIS Administration Service has been stopped so that there are no locks on files.