8.1 Cloud's Benefits and Features
- Use only the development resources you need – Companies with fluctuating demands for developers will pay for only the developer seats they need at any point in time. Customers can increase and decrease the number of active developers as their requirements change – no need for a fixed number of developer licenses.
- Applications scale to meet higher demand – You can configure automated responses that manage rising and falling demands for use of the applications. Companies don't have to build a permanent infrastructure to satisfy the highest demand. Instead, the cost varies as demand for the applications rises and falls.
- Reduced administration costs – Deploying LANSA applications in the cloud removes many of the routine server administration tasks, including Windows updates and high availability management.
- One development tool – Visual LANSA provides a comprehensive Windows-based cloud development environment, a business rule and data definition repository, and productive high-level programming language, to develop applications.
- Technology insulation improves developer productivity – LANSA's development tools insulate developers from the underlying technologies, including the cloud. Developers can use the technologies without having to spend time learning them and are better equipped to meet changing business requirements quickly.
- Visual LANSA and repository
- Integrates with the GIT distributed version control system
- Automatic Windows updates