Scenario: ISV, Single Unknown Server
Scenario: ISV development, application only allows connection to a single (but unknown) server.
Example: ACE software develop and sell a Framework based healthcare package. They sell it to companies in the healthcare industry. It is designed to work using a single IBM i or Window 2000 computer as its back end server.
Ship "almost ready to run" definitions so that end-user involvement in server definition administration is minimized:
- Deploy a Framework VF_Sy001_Servers.XML.
- Use a non-committal non-specific name for the server (e.g. SERVER1, GLSERVER, etc.).
- Deploy a LANSA Communications Administrator LROUTE.DAT file containing the predefined server details (except for the IP address).
- End-users only need to use the LANSA Communications Administrator to alter the "Fully Qualified Name of the Host (Address)" of the shipped definition to have the correct IP address.
- Include appropriate icon into the server definition (probably related to your Framework application).