Hidden Command Handler Anatomy
Hidden command handlers:
- Are used to perform non-visual tasks.
- VLF-WIN applications must use VF_AC020 as their ancestor.
- VLF-ONE applications must use VF_AC010O as their ancestor, the same as visible command handlers.
- May serve multiple purposes. The shipped DF_DET46 (VLF-WIN) and DF_DET46O (VLF-ONE) are useful examples of multi-purpose hidden command handlers.
- Must have this option set in their definition:
When using hidden command handlers it is important to remember they:
- Should always have the Default Command option set to NEVER for instance level commands or NO for business object level commands.
- Should never be used with the Hide All Other Command Tabs option set.
- Should never be attached to RAMP Destination screens.
- Should not attempt to display information to the user or interact with the user.