Search Field Width
This option defines the width of the search field on the main window tool bar.
A value of zero indicates the search field should not appear and the search feature should not be enabled.
The search field only appears in the main Framework window.
The words that appear in the search field and the results list are all exposed as normal customer modifiable multilingual variables. They may be customized in the usual manner. In VLF-WIN
- Custom code may be used to control the search. See the shipped example named IIP UF_SYSTM.
- The most recently used business object details are remembered in the system virtual clipboard, so they are lost when it is cleared.
- The first time that a user performs a search a list of text from all authorized business objects is built. This process checks the user's authority to use the business objects, so if you are using an expensive business object authority checking IIP, you should consider this when enabling this feature.
- The search technique used is different to VLF-WIN.
- The search is made over the names, captions and synonyms in the Framework.
- Since only objects that the user is authorized are accessible at execution time only those will be searched.
This property is in the Framework Details tab.