Activate Framework Security
In VLF-WIN Framework security is activated using the (Framework) menu, (Properties...) option on the User Administration Settings tab.
- Select the Use Framework Users and Authority setting. (Do not close and save the Framework yet)
- Select the Store Users in DBMS Tables VFPPF06/07 setting.
- Set End-users must sign on to this Framework to In both MS-Windows and Web Browser Applications
- Choose between Users Sign on Locally to Use the Framework or Users Sign on to a Remote Server to Use the Framework. Choose Users Sign on to a Remote Server to Use the Framework if Framework applications are going to be run as web applications off a remote server or user and authority details are to be maintained on a remote server.
- Now close and restart the Framework
In VLF-ONE Framework security is activated programmatically in your server-side component which validates user sign-ons:
In your copy of UF_OLOGON (see Getting ready for deployment in VLF-ONE), change the CheckUserCredentials method to return #UseFrameworkObjectAuthority as True.
If you want to access VLF-ONE’s users via VLF-WIN, select the Store Users in DBMS Tables VFPPF06/7 in the User Administration Settings tab.