By default all fields on the command handler are visible and can be updated. However, you need to make sure that the employee identification number which identifies the employee record is not updated.
1. Display the Visual LANSA editor and open your command handler iiiCOM03.
2. Double-click the Identification field in the Design tab to display its properties.
3. Deselect the Visible property to set it to False.
4. Compile your command handler.
5. Execute the Framework.
6. Verify that the Employee Number in your command handler cannot be changed (but it is visible in the command handler's title).