Visual LANSA Framework (VLF)
1. Partitions must be multilingual and RDMLX enabled.
2. Your LANSA system(s) must be at EPC141050 level.
3. VLF-ONE requires either Chrome (latest), Firefox (latest), MS IE10 or MS IE11 for developers and end-users.
4. If you are using RAMP-TS then developers must have MS IE10 or MS IE11 installed.
5. If you use RAMP your aXes software must be at version 3.1.1 or version 4.1.0.
If you are using version 3.1.1 you need to also check that:
If you are using version 4.1.0 you need to also check that:
6. Any Newlook software used with RAMP applications must be at version 188.8.131.5269 or later.
7. If you upgrade Newlook software, new license codes may be required.
|Valid Upgrade Paths||
If your VLF version is not listed, contact your LANSA vendor for advice.
To find out your version start your VLF Developer's Workbench or VLF-WIN in designer mode.
Use the Help -> About menu options. Scroll to find VL Framework Build Number.
This is a full distribution. It may be used to install a brand-new VLF or to upgrade an existing one.
|Additional Post Install/Upgrade Actions||
All VLF-ONE entry point forms (anything originally copied from UF_OEXEC) need to be recompiled to ensure that the latest VL-Web engine is being used.
Check your existing VLF-ONE code does not use VLF-ONE private methods that have had their name changed to the new “zInt_” naming convention. Refer to Clearer Indication of What Internal VLF-ONE Components You Can Use for details.
See What's New in EPC141081 – Available December 2017
|Installation or Upgrade on Windows Systems||
1. If you have not already done so upgrade your LANSA system to V14SP1.
3. Now load EPC141081 (this EPC) by executing program EPC141081w.exe as an administrator.
|Installation or Upgrade on IBM i Servers
If you are using server-side components of the Visual LANSA Framework or are using RAMP, you need to update any IBM i servers you are using.
1. You must perform all upgrade steps as user QSECOFR or as a user that is part of the QSECOFR group.
3. If you have not already done so, upgrade LANSA to V14SP1 (EPC141050) level.
4. Now load EPC141081 (this EPC):
5. RAMP users need to check that they have satisfied all the aXes version pre-requisites.