Visual LANSA Framework (VLF)
Your Visual LANSA software must be at V14SP2 level with EPC142020 applied.
If you use RAMP, your aXes software must be at version 4.1.1.
|Additional Post Install/Upgrade Actions||
If you use custom properties, you need to regenerate and redeploy your Framework’s XXXXXXXXXXX_LLL_VLFONE_Definition.DAT file(s) after upgrading.
See What's New in the VLF in EPC142011 – Available September 2018.
|Installation or Upgrade on Windows Systems||
1. If you have not already done so, upgrade your LANSA system to V14SP2 (service pack 2) level.
2. If you have not already done so, apply EPC142020.
3. Now load EPC142011 (this EPC) by executing program wEPC142011.exe as an administrator.
4. Follow the installation steps On LANSA Developer PCs and Windows Servers for the rest of the steps required.
|Installation or Upgrade on IBM i Servers||
If you are using server-side components of the Visual LANSA Framework or are using RAMP, you need to update any IBM i servers you are using.
1. You must perform all upgrade steps as user QSECOFR or as a user that is part of the QSECOFR group.
2. Make sure that no users or jobs are accessing your LANSA system. See https://www.lansa.com/support/tips/t0634.htm for how to check for active users or jobs.
3. If you have not already done so, upgrade LANSA on your IBM i server to V14SP2 (service pack 2) level.
4. If you have not already done so, apply EPC142020.
5. Now load EPC142011 (this EPC):
7. Follow Installation On IBM i Servers for the rest of the steps required.
Note: For customers with existing VLF-WEB framework applications (WAMs and Webevent) who are installing the VLF to a new partition, It is advisable to:
1. Upgrade to VLF EPC132100
2. Initialize the partition with the VLF
3. Upgrade to VLF EPC142011
4. Initialize the partition with the VLF.
In this way you will get all the VLF-WEB material that was shipped in the earlier version. Contact LANSA support for further details if required.
Valid Upgrade Paths from versions earlier than EPC142005