- The Framework switching service allows your filters and command handlers to switch control between different business objects and to execute commands at the Framework, application or business object level.
- The target business object must be able to be selected from the menu (the option Allow selection from the navigation pane in the target business object properties should be checked, and the user should be authorized to the business object), at the time the switch occurs. Switching mimics the actions that a user would perform.
- You can use the Virtual Clipboard for remembering and exchanging information.
- To use the virtual clipboard most effectively you need to devise a standardized naming protocol for items that are posted onto it.
Tips & Techniques
- The Advanced section of the Programming Techniques sample application has examples of switching and remembering values (virtual clipboard).
What I Should Know
- How to switch between business objects
- How to use the virtual clipboard to record switch history so that the end-users can switch back to object where the switch was initiated.