- The Framework manager provides a basic tracing service to help you locate problems in your filters or command handlers.
- The tracing service can be used in conjunction with, or independently of, the normal LANSA application debugging and tracing facilities.
Tips & Techniques
- You can leave these method calls inside your code. The only time they have any effect is if tracing is turned on. Implementing tracing using this method is ideal as you don't have to remove the code at all if you do not wish to do so.
- The trace information can give you a lot of detailed information about what has happened which saves you having to run your application in debug mode.
- The first column in the tracing window contains the component name, so you always know which component the traced event is associated with.
What I Should Know
- How to trace Framework applications
- How to trace specific events in a filter or command handler
- How to start and stop tracing programmatically