13.4 Automatic Renaming for SQL/ODBC
When working with SQL/ODBC tables, you should be aware of the following:
- 10 character names for libraries will be truncated on the left to 8 characters
- Special characters in table, index and view names (not 'A'->'Z', '0'->'9' or '_') are replaced according to position. Refer to Portability Considerations in The Database.
- A file with a library name of DC@DEMOLIB may be created in a collection named XDEMOLIB
- A file with a library name of FR@DTALIB may be created in a collection named R_DTALIB
- A field in a file called COMMENT may be added to the SQL/ODBC table with the name C_MMENT
Note: All dictionary and RDML references remain unchanged, i.e. you still refer to DC@DEMOLIB or FR@DTALIB or COMMENT. Where appropriate, Visual LANSA will automatically change to conform to the rules. Take note of the restrictions and avoid using these names for any new systems.