14.5 Additional Notes
When working with Visual LANSA applications, you should be aware of the following considerations and recommendations:
- DO NOT introduce any IBM i dependencies e.g. multi-member files, data queue access.
- Any sort of "trick" or IBM i dependency (e.g. EOFDLY) will not be supported.
- The library list concept will not be supported in any way.
- Any method of passing any form of information or control values (e.g. cursor location) between functions except by PARM, PASS_DS and PASS_LST, *LDA access and EXCHANGE option to exchange all fields in a function on an F4=Prompt is not recommended.
- All existing LANSA/GUI rules apply to all screen panels:
OPTIONS(*OVERLAY) and OPTIONS(*NOREAD) for the DISPLAY and REQUEST commands are not supported.
All fields in a DISPLAY/REQUEST command must fit on a single panel (i.e. multiple screen formats not supported).
Fields and text cannot span lines in a panel.
Help text held in Office documents are not supported.