15. LANSA Limits
- Maximum BLOB/CLOB file size:231 - 1 bytes (2 GB)
- Maximum number of rows per database table: 1016 - 1 rows
- Maximum row size: 32,767 bytes. Does not include String and Binary columns. Limit effects the UNLOAD_FILE_DATA BIF
- Maximum static working list total size: IBM i 16 MB; all other platforms 231 - 1 bytes (2 GB)
- Maximum static working list entry width: IBM i 16 MB; all other platforms limited by available memory.
- Maximum dynamic working list total size: limited only by available memory
- Maximum dynamic and static working list entrys: 231 - 1
- Maximum dynamic working list entry width: IBM i 16 MB; all other platforms 231 - 1 bytes (2 GB), not including String and Binary field widths which are external to the entry width.
- Maximum external operating system file size: 231 - 1 bytes (2 GB). Affects these Built-In Functions:
- Maximum size of a Space entry: 231 -1 bytes.
- Maximum entrys in a Space: limited by available memory.
Note that these limits are the absolute maximum that LANSA may address. Typically the achievable limits are less depending on the particular operating system or database used or the configuration of the computer on which LANSA is running. In other words, just because this is the theoretical maximum, it does not mean that it is practical for the purpose to which you put it.