2.4 Considerations for Exporting/Importing Multilingual Applications
When setting up a partition for multilingual support, you should consider the following when exporting and importing between partitions:
- Material from a multilingual partition cannot be imported into a non-multilingual partition.
- When exporting from a multilingual partition you can indicate whether the export run should be in multilingual format.
- If you are exporting from an IBM i to an IBM i you can choose a language.
- If you are exporting from an IBM i to Visual LANSA all languages are selected by default.
- Material from a non-multilingual partition can be imported into a multilingual partition. You must nominate which of the languages defined in the multilingual partition is to be the default language for the imported data so that it can be correctly stored in the data dictionary. If not specified, the partition default language will be used as the default.
- Enabling ENG (English) in any multilingual partition is a good idea, because some LANSA development facilities are shipped in English only.
Add Message Files to PC Export Lists in the LANSA for i User Guide.