- When creating a relationship, it will only be recognized if the borders turn red when connecting the Relate connector to the two entities.
- The allowable relationships between two entities depends on the types of entity being related.
- Deleting an inherited element from an entity will delete the entire relationship via which that element has been inherited.
- The model diagram shows inherited elements with a symbol to their right to denote the type of relationship by which they were inherited.
Tips and Techniques
- Change the default descriptors for a relationship to something more meaningful to the nature of the relationship between the two entities.
What I Should Know
- How to create a relationship between two entities.
- How inherited elements are shown on the model diagram and in the Entity Elements window.