- The Logical Modeler is a very mouse-driven application, due to its graphical nature. Right mouse button clicks and drag-and-drop facilities are used to a great extent.
- The Logical Modeler provides many different ways of accomplishing a given task. Actions can be performed by right-clicking on a diagram shape, by selecting an option from the menus, or by clicking a button on the toolbar.
- Note that different options are enabled in the menus and the toolbar depending on the type of object selected in the diagram.
Tips & Techniques
- Remember that you can show a particular view for all entities or selected entities. In addition, you can choose to not display a view at all, and show entities in their collapsed state.
- Abstractions are a good way of grouping entities in a large model. The model diagram can be simplified by activating an abstraction and moving the abstracted entities. Remember that build activities will be restricted to the objects within the active abstraction.
- A new page is created within the diagram every time a new model is opened. When printing a model, ensure the Current Page option is selected to avoid printing all open models.
What I Should Know
- How to start the Logical Modeler.
- How to open an existing model.
- How to zoom in to view different parts of a model diagram.
- How to use the different views to change how the model is displayed.
- How to work with an entity's elements.
- How to Activate and Deactivate Abstractions.
- How to print a model diagram.